Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Synching Strobe

After the incredibly frustrating experience of trying to set off my studio strobes last week, I learned that it is fairly easy to crank down the on-camera flash and use it to set off studio strobes with built-in electronic eyes, as my Balcars have. So we'll give that a try next time.
I also discovered that Hooper Camera on Devonshire in Chatsworth (just east of Topanga Canyon Blvd. on the south side of the street) had the screw-in flash devices I showed you in class. They also have one which will synch by cord to your camera (if your camera has a synch plug, of course) and set off the slaves. There were no prices on them, unfortunately.
CAI Camera, which is on Ventura Boulevard appears to be closing. I stopped by at lunch time today and the security gates were drawn, but no sign was on the door indicating why the store was closed. No one appears to be answering phones, and there's no voice mail announcement either. I guess it is just one less place to shop for equipment these days.
I did notice that Woodland Hills Camera was selling the collapsing reflectors/diffusers I used in class last week, if anyone is looking for them.

No comments: